With the increasing scale of beef cattle breeding, there are more and more diseases of beef cattle, and the disease conditions are more and more complex. The traditional disease diagnosis and treatment methods are more and more difficult to diagnose beef cattle diseases. Moreover, the price of beef cattle is higher and higher, and the diseased cattle are less and less used to diagnose diseases. Blood testing will become a common method for beef cattle disease diagnosis. It is not only simple, rapid, but also efficient and accurate, This is of great significance for improving the feeding management and disease diagnosis of beef cattle. The following is a brief introduction to the routine blood test methods of beef cattle for the reference of clinical diagnosis and treatment of beef cattle diseases.
Main indicators of blood routine test：
The total number of white blood cells, the ratio of lymphocytes, the ratio of intermediate cells, the ratio of granulocytes, the number of lymphocytes, the number of intermediate cells, the number of granulocytes, the total number of red blood cells, the number of hemoglobin, the hematocrit, and the total number of platelets. Etc.
Meaning of some indicators:
1. Total white blood cells: The increase of the total number of white blood cells increases indicates that there is acute inflammation, chronic inflammation or stress in the animal body; The decrease of the total number of white blood cells indicates that there is virus infection in the animal body, or the dosage of some drugs is too large, and the animal is weak and seriously ill. The changes of the total number of leukocytes and lymphocytes indicate the infection of viral diseases in the animal body. The changes of the total number of leukocytes, intermediate cells and granulocytes may indicate the infection of bacterial diseases in the animal body.
2. Total number of red blood cells: the increase of the total number of red blood cells indicates that the dehydration of the animal body causes blood concentration, which can be seen in bovine omasum or abomasum obstruction, peritonitis, sun stroke and heat stroke; The decrease of the total number of red blood cells indicates anemia, blood loss, hemolysis, blood parasitosis, iron deficiency and other factors caused by various reasons in the animal body. The increase of hemoglobin indicates the increase of red blood cells or blood concentration, and indicates that the animals have dehydration symptoms caused by vomiting and diarrhea,etc.
3. Total blood platelets: the increase of total platelets indicates acute and chronic inflammation and iron deficiency anemia in the animal body; The decrease of the total number of platelets indicates that the animals have clinical symptoms such as aplastic anemia, antibiotic treatment, stress, and bleeding spots in the body, such as abomasum bleeding and bloody stool.
Blood routine test method
1. Materials Required: Automatic blood cell analyzer, disposable syringe, heparin anticoagulant tube;
2. Bovine Blood Collection: 2-3ml blood was collected from the vein of tail root or external jugular vein.
3. Blood cell analyzer test: comparison and analysis of results with reference values.
4. Precautions: The blood should be tested as soon as possible after collection. Each cow needs an independent syringe to fully ensure that the blood is not contaminated.
Analysis and discussion
1. The routine blood test needs to be combined with the clinical symptoms of animals and the diagnosis of veterinarians, and needs the professional technical knowledge of veterinarians as support;
2. Blood routine test can diagnose the type and level of animal disease, and can better accurately and reasonably use drugs, saving treatment costs;
3. As the price of beef cattle rises, blood testing can be used flexibly for in vivo diagnosis;
4. With the increasing complexity and diversification of animal diseases, the simultaneous occurrence of various diseases in various bodies has increased the difficulty of diagnosis. However, with the vigorous development of science and technology, science and technology can greatly improve the economic benefits of the breeding industry
Send your message to us:
Post time: Aug-24-2022